Please Sponsor us

Please Sponsor us
Click on the logo and donate, thanks.

Thursday 8 April 2010

20 MILES! AND Fundraising Events


Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. My Easter Sunday consisted of 4 hours running a huge amount of lovely rest.
So the big 20 miler is now under our belts. Hurrah for that. We did it and, for all the horror of facing the wall the week before, it wasn't that bad. Yeah the knees are just a tiny amount done in, yeah, bits have been rubbed sore I would have particularly chosen to be rubbed quite so vigorously over a four hour period and yeah after 3 months of no alcohol I'm feeling like I need a large glass of white wine and if I'd known giving up would just make me eat more to compensate would I have bothered? AND I haven't lost weight (I just loves the cake!) BUT it's done, the pinnacle of training has been reached and we are now ambling on the side of the taper down. Phew, what a relief.
That still means we've got 17 miles to run this weekend but for the first time the training schedule has said: "It is now important to stuff your face with chips and relax. No good will come for any other form of exertion other than running a little bit. In fact why not have some cake?" or it said something like that. I think I'm para-phrasing.
Mr Groves and I are now starting to feel excited about the actual day, soon enough we will be attending the Marathon Expo and getting our numbers.
We've got some fund raising events coming up: Ant's Band The Hornblower Brothers are playing at the Latest music bar this Sunday (11th April) and my improv comedy group A Fish Called Improv are putting on a show on Friday 16th April at the Sanctuary Cella in Hove.


If you get a chance please come down to have fun and help us raise some cash.

Simon T


No comments:

Post a Comment