Please Sponsor us

Please Sponsor us
Click on the logo and donate, thanks.

Tuesday 27 April 2010

We Did it!

Thanks for all the support and charity money my fine friends.

Last Sunday Ant and I completed the London marathon and we have the medals to prove it.

It was a bit of a dodgy day for me as my leg infection flared and I felt like I had no energy left to give from about 6 miles in (Only 20 to go) but I finally stumbled across the line in just under 6 hours. Mr Groves aced it in 4 and a half hours. We both had a lovely beer to celebrate. Just one mind, let's not go crazy.

Thanks to everyone who supported us. Most thanks to Becky and Thea for suffering our training regimes for the past four months, being very patient and a great support. A massive thanks to everyone who came and supported on the day including Thea and Becky, Ants folks, uncle and and Aunt, the library crew - Kieron, Beth, Adam, Sian and Dan and Caroline along with Elizabeth all the way from the USA and Dan and Debra. Without you guys I'm not sure I would have got round, thanks for cheering us on. Thanks to Nicola for the amazing card, Holly for the fantastic multi-coloured banner and everybody else who sent messages of good luck to us both or sponsored us too.

The just giving page will remain open for a while so there's still time to get your cash in.

Some photos to follow.

Marathon done; never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment