Please Sponsor us

Please Sponsor us
Click on the logo and donate, thanks.

Friday 23 April 2010

Flucloxacillin (I'm on pills for me nerves)

Born to Run (Check out the thighs and the socks)






This week has been a funny one. I got a leg infection on Monday and immediately thought "I'm not pulling out of the marathon now I can tell thee!". Thankfully it doesn't look too serious and after 3 days on anti-biotics I'm feeling much better and raring to go. Well almost raring, I wouldn't quite exclaim that much enthusiasm. Pre-raring lets say.





However I did go to the Marathon Expo yesterday and collected my running number and race chip. They were playing the marathon music as you went in, which always makes me feel a little emotional. Sadly Mr Groves and I could arrange a time to go around together but he's going today. Oh Jesus, there's no turning back now! Let's hope I finish somewhere near Sir Steve Redgraves time of 4 hours 21 minutes. I'm sure as hell am going to complete it quicker than Katie Prices time of 7 hours 11 minutes or I'm going to demand a recount.





Two days to go, leg infection beat, loads of rest coming, plent O Carbs and a small question of 26.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment