Please Sponsor us

Please Sponsor us
Click on the logo and donate, thanks.

Tuesday 30 March 2010

Meet the Wall



I hit the wall this week. I say “hit” the wall but what I actually mean is that I gradually staggered into said wall and pressed my body tightly against it whilst slowly inching my way to the floor silently crying for mercy.

Fifteen miles into my second eighteen mile run in preparation for this London marathon, that haunts me so, I had the compulsion to walk. It must be the first time I’ve ever stopped to walk on a run, when not injured, it just hurt too much, and with that, my mind (damn that grey matter) gave in. Thankfully my defeated spirit cheered a little five minutes later and I rallied myself to carry on and finish the jog at a beleaguered pace.

So there you have it. This week the wall has truely been met and greeted with hopefully no permanent damage done.

On a lighter note Mr Groves is back pretty much into full training and managed to complete sixteen miles, a big well done is in order.

This week I’m resting most of it in readiness for the pinnacle of our training when Ant and I go out for the 20 miler on Easter Sunday.

Sweet times. Less than a month to go!

Topping

No comments:

Post a Comment