Please Sponsor us

Please Sponsor us
Click on the logo and donate, thanks.

Monday 8 March 2010

Serpico, the running man.


My running beard is now of great quality akin to, and some say(well I do) superior to, the non-running beard of 70's undercover hardcase cop, Serpico. I've got the look down. (Photos to follow over the coming weeks).

Besides that the running was a little slow this week. I was hit by a heavy cold (sniffles galore) on Wednesday night so missed Thursday and Saturday training and deferred to sleeping and over eating to compensate the loss. Was that wrong? I did, however, venture out with Mr Groves for 'The Big One' on Sunday.

Sixteen miles was furthest either me or Ant had ever run and it didn't really go that well. Ant hit a agonising wall of knee pain just over halfway through and now has to consult the physio and I plodded my slow plod to complete the course in just over 3 hours! The tank was definatley empty. Ah, here begins our life for the next six weeks. It will involve alot of pain and alot of miles, oh dear.

Interestingly I had my first cold bath after the run to repair my aching bones. I sat in my self-imposed freezing tub supping a coffee feeling both highly exhillerated and mildly depressed. Having bathed for 10 minutes I do think the cold had some recouperative power as today my joints are only mildly aching and I'm actually ready for more. My brain forgets quickly.

This week: Gym, spin, 7 miles and a half marathon.

This weeks mantra: A cold bath is a happy bath.

Till later.

Si x

No comments:

Post a Comment