Please Sponsor us

Please Sponsor us
Click on the logo and donate, thanks.

Friday 29 January 2010

I forgot my shorts


This week has been a bit of dodgy one.


Monday I had an epileptic fit in my tiny bathroom. It's always a little surreal when I come round to see where I am, what postion I am in and which part of my body hurts. This time my elbow and shoulder were particularly pushing out the pain and I happened to wake up in a kind of Jarvis Cocker dance pose circa his Pulp "common people" era. Saddly I didn't wake up any thinner, taller or with sharp suit suit fitted. Thankfully I did wake up and with no serious injury with everything, for what it's worth, ha ha, in tact.


From that low point I managed to push through Tuesdays gym session, rather slowly, and ably coped with Wednesdays Spin class by not dying. For those of you who are unaware of what a spin class is let me explain. Basically it's a 45 - 50 minute work out to unpredictably cheery music on a static bicylce which has various levels of pedal tension to make you feel like, at points, your either cycling up hill and then maybe down hill and then again on the flat. The class is, like most organised gym based activity, run by sadists and attended by masochists. It's a reciprocal agreement.


Thursdays run home was the high point. Having adorned my suitably impressive new running gear, as previously decribed in my last post, I realised I had forgot my shorts to place over the tights! In the spirit of "The show must go on" and hoping no one would point at my awful Henry 8th legs (That's the old "Place me in some wide shaped armour" Henry 8th not the youthful joust winning, ladies favourite, Henry 8th) or be horrified by other less "fixed" parts of the body moving beneath the tighted area moving to the slow plod of my running pace as I shuffle slowly down the very busy and well lit London road. I progressed tentively. A man feels bare running in tights alone. I was wishing I could bedeck myself with codpiece and full Elizabethean attire because as least that way I'd look stylish. Alas I only had my figure hugging fluorescent running jacket to hand. However that did seem to detract attention from the lower half of my body, thank the lord! Next time I promise shorts will be worn.



5 more miles done, 5 pounds lost this week, shorts not wore!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment